Monday, November 19, 2012

Maawidge is what bwings us togevah today...

Yes, this was the opening line of my Best Man speech at my little brother's wedding on Saturday.  I can't explain in words how full my heart is and how happy I am for him and his new bride (my new sister in law).  The ceremony and reception were beautiful (and yes, I will stick by that even if you threaten to take my man card for it).  I am so blessed to have been able to share in their joy!   Marriage is the ultimate denouement for two people, restraining their passion through purity, to solidify their commitment to one another before God and all of their closest friends and family members.  Everyone there is happy to share in the joy of the couple and love abounds as smiling faces greet total strangers as they know each have played an intricate and meaningful part in the life of the bride or groom or both.  Such was the feeling on Saturday night.  Not all weddings are like this, of course, but the ones united in Christ are.  These joyous occasions create such a rush of emotion that one feels like it is a glimpse of heaven, and that is exactly what I believe it is.

Heaven will be a literal and figurative wedding feast of the Church and its Savior: Jesus Christ.  Since the Church is the bride, then all in attendance will be actually in the wedding.  There will be no one heartsick because they are not desired because all will be the purified, justified, unblemished, chosen bride of Christ.  At last, our joy will be complete.  What a glorious day that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment