Friday, July 9, 2010

Back from Uganda and back to work

I know that many of you still haven't seen me though, but that is not because I haven't been avoiding/ignoring you. Actually, it has been all that I can do to drive home after work each day. To say that my sleep schedule is still messed up from the jet-lag is an understatement. Wednesday (the day our plane landed) I went to sleep at 6:30 pm and woke up at 2:47 am. Unfortunately, Thursday was even worse with going to sleep at 6:30 pm again, but waking up at 1:00 am. However, I at least forced myself to go back to sleep again and again until 7:30 am (my usual waking time... sorry if you are jealous). I don't know what time I'll be getting so exhausted I pass out tonight, but we shall see. It seems the older I get, the less my body tolerates adjustments to my sleep schedule. From what I've heard, it only continues to get worse. I remember coming back home from Uganda about 6 years ago and playing Halo on the PC until 1 am and sleeping until 9 am the next day. My parents didn't believe it, and now I see why.

Thankfully, I am not completely overwhelmed playing "catch-up" at work, although I'm definitely staying busy. I still have yet to really go through all of my emails as I have been going straight home to bed after work. Would you believe that before today I had yet to start my PC since I got home? I know I also need to go through hundreds of Uganda pictures and videos as well. Many people at work are asking about it, so I hope to have some sort of picture book put together to show for them on Monday.

Please pray also that I can prepare well for the upcoming Houston Project (mission trip in town through Houston's First Baptist) where I will be giving a message to the youth that come to Iglesia Bautista Grace next week in the evenings. Also pray that my sleep schedule will adjust so that I can be awake and alert by Monday evening (and onward).

Godspeed,
JMission

No comments:

Post a Comment